THE NEW COMMUNITY PORTAL IS NOW AVAILABLE TO HELP YOU WITH A VARIETY OF THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT FUNCTIONS ONLINE!
Check out the new functions now available online through the Community Portal here:
Building & Construction or Right of Way Permits
Newly customized permit applications for specific scopes of work
Online payment option for permit fees
View and track permit status
Request construction inspections
View and download all documents related to the permit
Rental Facility License application
Online payment option for license fees
View and track license status
Request rental housing inspections
View and download all documents related to the license including inspection results
Planning & Zoning
Online payment option for filing fees
View Commission or Board Decision results
Community Development is responsible for the administration of the following planning and environmental functions:
• Airport Operations
• Building & Construction Division: Permits & Inspections
• Capital Improvements Program
• Community Development Block Grant
• Community Improvement Projects
• Comprehensive Plan
• Economic Programs: Grandview Corridor Business Assistance, Small Business Forgivable Loan, Tax Abatement
• Historic Preservation
• Health and Sanitary Services: Pools & Spas, Tattoo Establishments
• Property Maintenance: Nuisance Abatement, Weeds & Vegetation Management, Substandard Buildings
• Rental Housing: Licenses & Inspections
• Zoning Changes
• Zoning Ordinances
Community Development is requesting your feedback to help improve our permitting processes and provide excellent customer service.
If you have obtained a permit from the Building & Construction Division, please download, complete this SURVEY FORM, and follow the directions for returning the document to the City of Muscatine Community Development Department.
Or visit the on-line survey at ONLINE SURVEY.